Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally Something to Blog About

Today, I saw a positive spin in the media. Sure it was a group of Realtors who published the reports, but so many mornings I open the industry news to negative headlines, reporting negative numbers. Finally the words "SURVEY INDICATES BROKERS ARE SEEING AN EASING OF ADVERSE MARKET CONDITIONS" And "HOUSING STARTS IN CALIFORNIA INCREASE 9.2 PERCENT IN JUNE" jump out of the headlines at me!

Sure It may be the only positive thing said in the story, but for me its just the glimmer of hope I need just to stay sane.

I have people, some of the people I call friends, trying to sign me up for get-rich-quick schemes weekly! I've heard all about the Acai Berry and the $37 bottles of juice that promise to give you more natural energy and healing power than any other plant in nature - by 300 times, And...its only $39 to start your own company today! I've sat through the presentation about the protection Pre-paid legal services provide, and baffled the presenter with what it doesn't provide (for me anyways.) Some of these friends have even fallen victim to the old "Start a travel website and make money in your spare time." Bolognia!

These are people I care about- but they all seem to think that "I am the crazy one" for being in this market. Not only Being in it, but starting out in it. That I am crazy for staying in a business where I don't have a reliable stream of income. Maybe I am, or maybe the Acai Berries are getting to me?

No comments: